Aims and Ethos
This is a Catholic Voluntary Grammar School providing a full Secondary Education for girls in the eleven to eighteen age group.
Recognising the inherent dignity and spirituality of every human person, we aim:-
- to provide a Christian environment where the pupil can experience and develop her Catholic faith.
- to maximise the academic and creative potential of each pupil through provision of a broad and balanced curriculum.
- to nurture and develop in each pupil a positive self-image.
- to provide opportunities for experiencing enjoyment and a sense of achievement.
- to equip each pupil with the necessary skills and advice relevant to her life-style and future career.
- to help each pupil to mature as an understanding, tolerant and responsible person.
- to develop an appreciation in each pupil of her cultural heritage and an awareness of and respect for other cultural traditions.
- to promote in each pupil a sense of belonging to and having an appreciation of and respect for the natural environment and the community – immediate, local, national and world-wide.
Our Mission Satement
Our Vision Statement:
Mary Ward Compass Values: