SENDO Inclusion Summary Provision
Special provision is made for students who cannot fully access the curriculum in the usual classroom situations, e.g. students with needs which require different or additional support. The teacher in charge of Special Educational Needs is Mrs M. Gavin.
A Special Educational Need may come under the following categories:
1. COGNITION AND LEARNING (CL) – Language, Literacy, Mathematics, Numeracy
2. SOCIAL, BEHAVIOURAL, EMOTIONAL AND WELL-BEING (SBEW)
3. SPEECH, LANGUAGE AND COMMUNICATION NEEDS (SLCN)
4. SENSORY (SE)
5. PHYSICAL NEEDS (PN)
What do we do?
- Determine the nature of the difficulty and therefore the provision required. The following information may be used: medical reports, psychological reports, EA(Western Area) reports, cause for concern reports from teachers, parents or students, formative and summative assessment information, information from parents/guardians or previous schools.
- Involve parents/guardians at the earliest opportunity and keep them informed.
- Plan for and provide additional support, where necessary.
- Review the student’s progress (based on twice yearly reports) to plan for future provision.
- Create Individual Educational Plans which facilitate a collaborative approach in enabling the student to achieve their potential.
How can parents/guardians support us?
- Work in partnership with the school by providing information to assist in understanding the student’s needs at the earliest opportunity.
- Provide home support in helping the student to achieve her true potential.
- Participate in progress review meetings.