24th February 2017 by iebsoftware
While wearing the school uniform a student represents this school. It is important that a student is dressed neatly in the FULL uniform. This is strictly monitored. It is advisable to have all items of uniform clearly marked with the student’s name. Full uniform must be worn at all times and is a condition of each student’s daily admission to this school. Parents/Guardians are asked for full support, ensuring their daughter adheres strictly to the uniform regulations.
The student must wear:
- Blazer – this is compulsory. (In winter a DARK BROWN overcoat may be worn OVER the blazer)
- brown knee length skirt with double inverted pleats front and back
- primrose school shirt
- school clip-on tie – this is the only tie available from school suppliers
- V necked school jumper with a primrose strip
- school scarf
- cream socks
- dark brown opaque tights (COMPULSORY)
- plain, dark brown shoes – canvas shoes are not allowed
- jewellery must be discreet. (One small pair of earrings is allowed in the lower lobe of ears only)
- nose studs are not to be worn
- nail varnish and makeup is not permitted
- hair must be neat – rainbow coloured hair is not allowed.
Monitoring of uniform will continue throughout the year.
Compulsory P. E Uniform
- Loreto P.E. shorts
- Loreto P.E. top
- Sport trainers/Gym shoes – no plimsolls
- Sport socks
The following items are also available to purchase but are not essential to the school PE uniform
- Loreto Berne Hoodie
- Loreto Berne Squad Top
- Loreto Berne Pants
- NB Track suit bottoms, sweat tops and trainers are to be worn ONLY for PE class.
- In contact sports, a gum shield must be worn.
IN THE EVENT OF SPECIFIC MEDICAL CIRCUMSTANCES, PERMISSION FOR A STUDENT TO HAVE EXEMPTION FROM WEARING ANY ITEM OF THE SCHOOL UNIFORM MUST BE SOUGHT BY PARENTS, IN WRITING TO THE PRINCIPAL