Code of Conduct
The CODE OF CONDUCT outlines the regulations and expectations of the school. It is intended as a guide towards good behaviour and self discipline.
- Breach of the Code of Conduct constitutes unacceptable behaviour
- The Code of Conduct is not exhaustive in outlining expected and unacceptable behaviour and there will be times when behaviour is deemed unacceptable even though it is not explicitly listed in the Code of Conduct.
- There is recognition that unacceptable behaviour may range from mild to extremely serious and in each instance the situation giving rise to unacceptable behaviour will be judged on the particular circumstances of the incident.
- Some indicators of serious/extremely serious breaches of the school’s Code of Conduct relate to:
- PHYSICAL ABUSE e.g. Hitting
- SMOKING, ALCOHOL, DRUGS AND SOLVENTS*
- COPYING IN EXAMINATIONS AND COURSEWORK*
- POSSESSION OF OBJECTS CAUSING INJURY OR DAMAGE
- POSSESSION OF OFFENSIVE MATERIALS
- INTERNET MISUSE*
* Separate Policies are in place
GENERAL INDICATORS OF POSITIVE BEHAVIOUR:
Self presentation – Reflected in adherence to school uniform regulations, attendance and punctuality
Personal Behaviour and Conduct – Reflected in good language and manners both inside and outside the school
Interpersonal Relationships – Reflected in respect for self and others
Care for the Environment – Reflected in care for the classroom, the general school environment, the community environment and property of others
Health and Safety – Reflected in regard for regulations and procedures